Thursday, May 9, 2013

A Difference not a Disorder.


I saw this posted several times today on Facebook.   The words "disorder" and "dealing with" and the things that stand out for me.  If parents don't get it, how will the rest of the world.

I don't consider my son or my husband to have a disorder, I don't "deal with Autism".  My son is who he is, he is different to the majority but he does not have a disorder or a disability and I don't deal with him, I love and cherish him.   I love him exactly the way he is.  He is blessed and we are blessed to be his parents.

Parents stop feeling sorry for yourselves and stop wasting time, enjoy every single precious moment with your child, and start looking at your life in a different way.  You will be surprised at the change in circumstances once you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment